Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ED

Default OT - How to Scare Off Coyotes?

On Thu, 18 May 2006 01:26:58 GMT, "Laurie Forbes"
wrote:

Thank you for the suggestions Ed. I guess I won't bother with the urine
route (I have no idea where exactly you could find it around here anyhow)
but, I have been told that male human urine can be effective (the
testosterone content apparently) so that may be worth a try (my neighbour
has two grown boys so they should have a good supply .

Google trapping supplies, there are lots of mail order companys
These guys are good, heres a link for their urine :-)

http://www.minntrapprod.com/catalog/...?cPath=207_100

I collect urine after skinning ( female in heat is tops) but I need to
attract my prey not try and repel it BG Wild coyotes
can tell the difference in urine...the diet is different not to
mention the matrix factor. But store bought works ok.

Trapping and understanding wildlife is an art. A skilled trapper can
set a trap and predict what species, the sex and what foot will be
caught to a high degree of accuracy, not 100% as there's always
a dumb something or another wandering around......

I doubt he would
go for the electric fence around his house (he also has young kids) although
I'm sure it would otherwise be successful.

Woven wire would work well also- even more expensive then electric.

Anyhow, the coyotes in question
may have moved on or suffered some other more ominous fate as we have not
heard or seen them for several days now..........

Coyotes can have a very large terrritory and sometimes only come to
certain areas when there is something there that interests them.
Right now the coyotes are focusing on the young of the year, fawns
ect.feeding their hungry pups.

They will be back...you can set your watch
on the way mt lions move around their territory for example, coyotes
on the other hand are a bit more independent.
ED
Laurie Forbes