Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Christopher Tidy

Default OFF-TOPIC How can I get into my stronbox? (Lost Keys)

wrote:
Well, thanks Jeff and Christopher for giving me the benifit of the
doubt. You guys have way too much time on your hands and your
imagination could be used much more constructivley.

Well, if you're legitimate I apologise. It's just that once Jeff had
mentioned it, a couple of details in your story seemed a bit odd. At
first your priority was recovering your important documents, but in your
second post you wouldn't pay the locksmith $25 to open the safe because
it was $5 more than the cost of a new one, so then it seemed that you
just wanted the cheapest possible working safe. The two seemed a little
inconsistent. But if you're just frustrated and everything's on the
level, please accept my apologies.

As for getting inside the safe, you could read up on lockpicking
(assuming it isn't an electronic lock), take it to a locksmith, buy a
club hammer and cold chisel and break it open, or find some friendly
person with a magnetic drill who'll make an opening in the side. But
ultimately it wouldn't be hard to spend $25 on tools trying to open this
thing. You would probably be best visiting the locksmith.

Chris