Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
mike

Default Alba STB Questions

"Roger Mills" wrote in
:

But the thread in digital-tv is totally different, starting with a
, and my answer, but not your question most of the posts are not
there in my newsreader, (Xnews - set to stop multiple xposts, but
allows 3)

Must be a quirk of your newsreader!

Perhaps I should also have pointed out that, in order to see a whole
thread, your newsreader needs to be set to "Display all messages"
rather than to "Hide read or ignored messages" - or whatever the
precise options are in your particular newsreader. Otherwise, if you
read a cross-posted message in one NG, it won't show up in the other
NG because it will be hidden on account of already having been read.

I think you're righ, although I can't find those options ATM. But I did a
special reload of the tech-tv group, and they all came back!

Perhaps I should crosspost to software newsreadrs, (but I don't think I'm
up to that!)

But that's the beauty of it! You'll see *new* messages in whichever NG
you enter first after they've been posted - and it doesn't matter in
which NG you reply - your reply will appear in both.

I suppose it's all right if you're ready for it; but I wasn't.

I also felt a bit of a pratt advising you to post in another group, and
then found out you had, already so soon. I'm not really used to checking
headers that carefully

mike