Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

Default pull cord dimmer that doesn't leak ?

In article ,
SoWeezy wrote:
just fitted a dimming pull cord lightswitch in the bathroom but after
much head scratching as to why the fan wouldn't switch off after X
minutes I found the switch leaks, 24v to be precise, and it doesn't
despite. the LV lights don't work with that voltage but it's enough to
keep the fan running as it's the switched live.

anyone know a solution or supplier of a switch that doesn't leak ?

What sort of transformer for the LV lights? Electronic or normal? If
electronic, changing to a wound one one should do it (but make sure it's
suitable). Or add a relay. The fan voltage sensor must have a high input
impedance so is sensing at near zero current.

--
*I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.