Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

Default What's it called?

Steve B wrote:
I want to get a valve that is opened and closed instantly by an electric
current. It will be put on a pressurized garden hose. When I hit a button,
the valve will open instantly, and water will spray out the hose. When I
let off the button, the valve will close, and the water will shut off.

I'm trying to make a simple system to help break my dog of barking.

What is the name of this valve/actuator/device? And where might I find one?

Steve

Hi,
solenoid water valve? Like used on washing machines?(hot and cold water
inlet)