Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills

Default Alba STB Questions

Roger Mills wrote:

mike wrote:

But the thread in digital-tv is totally different, starting with a
, and my answer, but not your question most of the posts are not
there in my newsreader, (Xnews - set to stop multiple xposts, but
allows 3)

Must be a quirk of your newsreader! In my newsreader (Outlook Express
+ the Quotefix addon) the thread has 18 messages in
uk.tech.digital-tv, starting with my original question. Sixteen of
them - again starting with my original question - appear in uk.d-i-y.
The two which don't appear are the result of someone explicitly
removing uk.d-i-y from the newsgroup list before replying, and then
someone else (me as it happens!) replying to that.

Perhaps I should also have pointed out that, in order to see a whole thread,
your newsreader needs to be set to "Display all messages" rather than to
"Hide read or ignored messages" - or whatever the precise options are in
your particular newsreader. Otherwise, if you read a cross-posted message in
one NG, it won't show up in the other NG because it will be hidden on
account of already having been read.

But that's the beauty of it! You'll see *new* messages in whichever NG you
enter first after they've been posted - and it doesn't matter in which NG
you reply - your reply will appear in both.
--
Cheers,
Roger