Posted to alt.home.repair
Don

Default Question on getting all that hot air out of our garage and attic this summer

On 17 May 2006 03:20:51 -0700, "buffalobill"
wrote:

thoughts:
hot air rises, air is lazy, hvac additional zone your second floor,
hvac additional zone your problem areas, integrate ventilation air by
powered dampers into the hvac system, use indoor and outdoor sensors to
monitor your sanity and both temperature and humidity, remember that
you desire fan ventilation only when the outside air is more
comfortable than the inside air, don't waste money on noisy fans,
nobody is going to put the fans in and out of the windows except you.
also, isn't the whole house fan already blowing the unwanted summer
heat from the upstairs hall into the attic where it exits the house
attic thru vents?
knowledge: read all about ventilation and comfort levels at:
http://www.buildingscience.com/resou...al/default.htm

hmmm. havac additional zone my second floor. What exactly does that
mean? A separate a/c for the second floor? What are powered dampers?
Reread my post. We don't use the whole house fan because that forces
us to open up windows which sucks in dust and defeats our a/c. I'm not
sure what you really said here. Sorry.