Posted to alt.home.repair
cowpoke

Default help: repair or replace a hydraulic storm door opener?

So I tried cleaning the rod and bending the tab, but nothing worked.

I get the feeing its the surface of the "hole" of the tab that needs to
be cleaned. Does the tab slide off the rod? I am not sure of how to
disassemble this...

On 2006-05-08 17:00:42 -0400, cowpoke
said:

Thanks for the replies & info (to all).

I will try cleaning the rod, and if that doesn't work try bending the
tab a bit. I'll let you know.
Also - I've tried it in all orientations (pointing up, etc.) didn't work.

Til later
cowpoke

On 2006-05-08 11:00:55 -0400, "RicodJour" said:

Make sure the rod (actuator piston connecting rod) is clean. Many
times a little oil is enough to prevent the sliding tab/latch from
biting into the rod. Also, as another poster mentioned, play around
with the orientation of the tab - sometimes it bites in one position
and not another.