Lawrence

Default Dimmers For Low Voltahe Halogens

An electronic transformer weighs a few ounces and is generally an
oblong shape, about 4cm by 4cm by 15cm.

An iron cored one will weigh a few pounds and be a lot larger, e.g
150W toroidal approx 18cm diameter and 10cm high or laminated iron
10cm by 10cm by 15cm.

This is a 50VA toroidal weight 750g (approx 2lb)
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Products/Mod...05&modulelist=

And a list of bare transformers:
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Products/Mod...77&modulelist=

Hope this helps.

On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 08:18:20 +0100, "The Question Asker"
wrote:

So OK, how am I meant to know if I have a electronic transformer, or an iron
corded one. The light set came with 3 halogens with a transformer, will it
say on the transformer if it is electronic or not, and where do u recommend
I buy a inductance dimmer?
Thanks
Oli

Lawrence