Posted to alt.home.repair
Banty

Default Help..Basement Flooding Question

In article .com,
says...

Hello,

I had some limestone delivered to my home (7 cubic yards to be
precise), and they dumped it on my driveway right beside the house. It
has been raining for 3 days and we've been unable to do the patio work
we had planned. As such the mountain of limestone is still on my
driveway. Tonight, when I went down to the basement the carpet is
soaked! Could the limestone be the problem, or contributing to some
other pre-existing foundation problem? What should I do to resolve the
problem.

Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Where are you?

If you're in New England or upstate New York you may simply be seeing what an
unusually long and heavy rain event does to you, and the limestone in your
driveway is but a (as we say) co-ink-ee-dink.

Cheers,
Banty