Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Matsui TV Problem

ha escrito:

Hi,

I have a Matsui 20V1T Tv (CUC7303 chasis), which is making a "clicking"
sound once every few seconds while the tv is on. It sounds like a
sparking / arcing sound, but I can't pinpoint where its coming from.
The Tv appears to work fine, its just a disturbing sound - does anyone
have any ideas / thoughts as to the cause?

are you sure there are no speckles on the image when that occurrs? if
it were so, then you have a HV problem and the crackling may be the
sparkgap on the crt board. it may be worthwhile removing the rear cover
of the set, power up, darken the room and observe the rear of the tube
to eliminate this possibility.
failing that, if there are no adverse symptoms, the set's casing may
expand and contract as the set heats up in use then cools, causing the
sound....
-B.