Bob Robinson

Default Leaves, leaves everywhere; how to fix my rake.

Roy wrote:
Snip
I have to put a plug in for my favorite rake. It had spring steel

round tines of approximately 3/32" diam, and was stiff enough to turn
over without the tines bending and used as a shovel or scoop. Its over
15 years old now and was used hard all the time, but is now missing 6
times from one side as it got put into the impeller on my vac cart by
a careless 18 year old who was tasked with a job he did not want to
do. They did not break but twisted them all together and managled them
pretty darn bad to make the rake unserviceable. I did however add some
from the opther side and made the entire rake narrower which works
fine as a small rake under some shrubs and in tight spots but I would
still prefer my full width I had before. The brand name was Gardenx,
and there is no one on line or around here that handles it anymore.
Its about 2 times what another rake costs but a super rake and not
overly heavy. I sure do not care for plastic rakes.

I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Roy,

The rake you mention is still available, here's a link to the company,
they should be able to advise you on a dealer in your area:

http://www.gardexusa.com/default.asp

Hope this helps.

Bob