Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

Default OFF-TOPIC How can I get into my stronbox? (Lost Keys)

On Wed, 17 May 2006 11:20:52 -0700, wrote:
On 17 May 2006 14:54:26 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

Call your local locksmith. He probably can do it easily. If you can
carry it in to his shop, he can probably do it cheaply as well.

Perhaps I'm getting grizzled in m' old age, but for some reason I
doubt this poster can correctly identify th' contents *prior* to it
being opened. A good locksmith would ask such a question first.

Yeah, that's why I chose not to give specific directions. I don't know
the poster either, but assuming she's legit, it's still good advice. If
you need to ask how to open it, you're probably not qualified to follow
the directions.

These are always interesting questions. Folks show up from time to time
on the genealogy groups to look for a "missing living relative". How do
you know it's a legit request and not some stalker trying to get
hobbiests to do the sleuth work for them? I mean, it's too bad you have
to think that way but in the case of those queries the response is
usually "Dead people are easier to find, sorry." which is actually very
true.