Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OFF-TOPIC How can I get into my stronbox? (Lost Keys)

On 17 May 2006 14:54:26 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

On 17 May 2006 00:43:47 -0700, wrote:
Hi.. I have a metal STRONGBOX that I got at WalMart a few years back
for about $20 and have lost the key(s) to it. It has many important
documents inside including a little cash etc....

Is there an easy way for someone like me to bust the lock and get into
this thing? I am not concerned about destroying it as long as the
contents remain intact.

Call your local locksmith. He probably can do it easily. If you can
carry it in to his shop, he can probably do it cheaply as well.

I just want a few ideas on how I can get into this thing without having
to visit a locksmith because right now my funds are a little
challenged.... lol

This would probably be a 30 dollar job, give or take.

PS: In a perfect world, something even I could do without having to
get someone to help me..... lol

See if your fire department wants to do some jaws practice maybe?

Perhaps I'm getting grizzled in m' old age, but for some reason I
doubt this poster can correctly identify th' contents *prior* to it
being opened. A good locksmith would ask such a question first.

Snarl