Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
mike

Default Alba STB Questions

"Roger Mills" wrote in
:

As the originator of this thread, I cross-posted it to these
particular groups because uk.tech.digital-tv seemed like the right
place but, as a frequent visitor to uk.d-i-y, I know that there are
also a lot of knowledgeable people about all things technical there.

Agreed- see my retort to Weatherlawyer on d-i-y

The alternative to cross-posting - posting a separate copy to each
group - would cause even more confusion because different people would
reply to each copy but some people would see *both* threads.

My personal preference is to start in one group, usually here, and hope if
I don't get an answer I'll get a referral.

By cross-posting, there's only *one* thread, which is visible in *both*
NGs.

But the thread in digital-tv is totally different, starting with a , and
my answer, but not your question most of the posts are not there in my
newsreader, (Xnews - set to stop multiple xposts, but allows 3)

Goole groups is totally different, having everything, a confusing mixture
of your posts, responses, and me whining to myself.

So I _still_ don't like xposts.... but I don't stubbornly top post ;-)

mike