Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles

Default Solar water heating and combi boilers

On Wed, 17 May 2006 15:55:20 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

Many combis have a maximum input temp in the low 20's, hence with the
solar water at say 30 to 40 degrees, and the selected blended output at
60, the combi will still be required to do half the lifting.

I haven't looked at the specs of combis with this in mind but I'm curious
to know what they'd do when given water warmer than this. Except maybe
invalidate your warranty :-)

Still, whether the combi gets its input from the cold mains or the store
is of secondary importance compared to being able to combine the two in
this way (assuming it works).