Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills

Default Alba STB Questions

mike wrote:

Chris Bacon wrote in
:

Oh dear, for anyone who is even more confused than me, I didn't
notice when replying on uk.d-i-y that this was crossposted to here.

(I HATE crossposting, it catches me every time)

Why? It's quite correct and appropriate in the circumstances.

Like I said, I get confused.

I sashayed happily to tech-tv, where I also keep a tankard, and found
my reply to this post in me face.

I guess it's ok for blokes with brains as big as all outdoors, but if
I fancy asking more than one group at a time, I can cut and paste the
post with no trouble, and not get conniptions trying to work out
who's answering what where.

mike

As the originator of this thread, I cross-posted it to these particular
groups because uk.tech.digital-tv seemed like the right place but, as a
frequent visitor to uk.d-i-y, I know that there are also a lot of
knowledgeable people about all things technical there.

The alternative to cross-posting - posting a separate copy to each group -
would cause even more confusion because different people would reply to each
copy but some people would see *both* threads. By cross-posting, there's
only *one* thread, which is visible in *both* NGs.
--
Cheers,
Roger