Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster

Default Ladder stand-off?

Geo wrote:
Need to rake out some birdnest rubbish from under a tile three rows up from the
gutter. I would prefer to have some ladder extending above the gutter for this
job.
Looked at standoffs - screwfix 10275-81
http://tinyurl.com/fcjz6

and this one (with wheels):-
http://www.tool-net.co.uk/data/index.php?ToolID=315003

But they seem to only stand off about 350mm (14") so that with the slope of the
ladder, it might not get past the soffit (about 9") + gutter(??) - or would they
work in practice?

I don't like the look of that thing with wheels on. I've got the
Screwfix "Superior standoff" which is excellent - well worth the extra
fiver. It's very stable, and comfortable to use; has a large tray you
can put stuff on while you're working.

Can't comment on the dimensions you've quoted, but my ladder certainly
comfortably clears my soffits when I've got the standoff on.

David