Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Trouble with 2 Stroke - '90's Lawnboy

wrote:
10% ethanol

I don't know what the schedule or regulations are for the blends but I
am near Chicago so it is a definite possiblity. How would I compensate
for that? The gas that ran great was left over from late last year so
it might have been winter blend. I played a little with the adjustment
on the carb but it didn't seem to make an difference. It could have
already been flooded though.

Can this old beast be tuned to run on E10 or E15?

Air cleaner clogged?

I tried it without the filter or cover just to see if it would
start/run on the sidewalk and that didn't make any difference.

Matthew

If the carb is sophisticated enough to have jets, you'd get a larger
main jet and pilot jet.

If it doesn't have replaceable jets, adding a little intake restriction
might turn the trick.

Dave