Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris

Default Installing low voltage hardwired undercabinet lighting--how?

We have the kitchen walls open for a remodel. I'd like to get some
undercabinet lighting installed. Have read online about xenon strip
lights and that sounds good. Have seen some references to running
romex in the wall and having it poke out just where the bottom of the
cabinets will be. Not sure on details of this type of install. Can
anyone elaborate? A transformer is needed--where does this go? Can it
sit inside the wall (NEC-wise)? I have read that you have to consider
the length of the runs of lights etc etc. Any help/pointers to good
resources appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris