Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

Default Cutting an old fridge in half

On Wed, 17 May 2006 09:38:06 GMT, Nick Hull wrote:

I moved one like that myself, VERY heavy but I used a carry-all etc.
After it was moved I noticed a drip, and tilted it several ways and it
dripped for weeks. Had a lot of water frozen in the fibre insulation,
and was still heavy after it dried.

That's also something to consider when moving an old water heater.
Replaced an ancient one in my last house, drained it but it was just
awfully heavy. Thought a bit, and turned the water supply back on with
the hose bib on the bottom open. All the accumulated sludge, took a
while to come out, but there must have been gallons of gunk in there
that had never been flushed out (probably why the tank started leaking)?

Things are lighter when they're empty.