Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Eric R Snow

Default Spelling Help-OT but usefull-and not spam

On Wed, 17 May 2006 00:29:10 -0400, Brian Lawson
wrote:

Hey Eric,

Sooooo......how do we find it??

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

ps... used to be, long ago, that the "dictionary" for spell checking
files were called *.lex for "lexicon". But those days seem to have
passed. I would DEARLY love to be able to REMOVE a couple of words in
the spell-check of Agent and Eudora. I regularly do a typo where the
typo is a properly spelled word, so it gets past. The word "form"
comes to mind when I meant to type in "from".
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

On Tue, 16 May 2006 17:34:01 -0700, Eric R Snow
wrote:

Greetings All,
I know, in the subject I spelled useful wrong. I thought it might
attract attention. There are many words that pass a spell checker
czech butt still are knot the wright word. I use a freeware program
for spelling checks of words I'm not sure of that also gives the
definition of the word. It is called Word Web. The free version
installs a limited dictionary in your computer. If the word cannot be
found in this limited dictionary you have the option of looking on the
webby clicking a link. This will look for the word in several places
on the web, wikipedia for example, and you can click on any of these
links, all at no charge. I use this free version a lot and just
thought other folks here might find it useful. All the usual
disclaimers apply, this not spam.
Cheers,
Eric

Whoops! Here is the link: http://www.wordwebonline.com