Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen

Default Solar water heating and combi boilers

On Wed, 17 May 2006 10:14:10 +0100 someone who may be Steve Firth
wrote this:-

Not on the system Mary was talking about - it takes cool water from the
cold DHW *feed* at the base the cylinder, runs it through the solar
panel (using a small PV powered solar pump connected via microbore
pipe), and returns it to the top of the cylinder via the DHW/vent outlet.

That's err a bloody stupid system.

No, it's a system that has advantages and disadvantages just like
anything else. Proponents believe the former outweigh the latter.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh