Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Andrew Barss

Default Florida "Rosewood"

Bill Day wrote:
: On 11 May 2006 10:44:03 -0700, wrote:

:I just recieved some 8 inch X 36 inch logs from the Orlando Area. They
:are called rosewood. The heart is about 5 inches and very dark. The
:sapwood is creamy. For those familiar with this species; is this wood
:prone to move much after green turned? Please list the do's and dont's.
:
:Thanks,
:
:Dave in SW Michigan
: Just saw this....

: My guess is that you have some Indian Rosewood (Dalbergia Sissoo)
: which has escaped into the waterways of Florida, and is often a pest
: there. Crews often cut it and leave it by the roadside.

My god. A place where rosewood is a trash tree.

-- Andy Barss, in southern AZ