Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default Cutting an old fridge in half

On 16 May 2006 21:02:36 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

On Tue, 16 May 2006 22:39:15 +0200, Nick Müller wrote:
Dave Hinz wrote:

http://www.hazet.de/eng/katalog/suche_3.asp?F=1960&H=100&U=700.
There you go. Air powered hammer.

But without air. It's just some kind of "knife" that gets hammered with
a ... hammer! :-)
Can be used in the dark, on any island or continent, without power cord,
no need for gas, batteries, radioactivity or gravity. It's old-fashined,
a berserk-tool, but effective.
I used it for body-work.

Ah. Igor, how about one of these...I've been meaning to put it on eBay
but I could send it to you first - The "Pry Ax" from Paratech:
http://www.botac.com/paratechpryax.html

Pretty sure I can locate it tonight & box it up for tomorrow. So here's
how it works. You smack first with the pointy part, to make a hole.
Flip it to use the axe-head side to make the hole into a slot. THen, go
in with the lobster-claw (I have the one on the right) and use it like
an old-fashioned can opener. Works great on car roofs, can't imagine a
refrigerator would be substantially different. You just pull up, it
cuts the slot another inch or two, and hten you slide it forward and
repeat. Seriously, I can go across a car roof in like 30 seconds,
minimal effort and similar construction. It's got the slide-hammer
action so you can force it in as a pry tool. Used it on a file cabinet
at work, but that was a bit overkill and left...some marks...

Serious though, if you want to try it, let me know. Anyone else have
comments on these little beasties?

After Iggy is done with it..how much you gnna want for it? Ive wanted
one of those for years.

Gunner

"If thy pride is sorely vexed when others disparage your offering, be
as lamb's wool is to cold rain and the Gore-tex of Odin's raiment
is to gull**** in the gale, for thy angst shall vex them not at
all. Yea, they shall scorn thee all the more. Rejoice in
sharing what you have to share without expectation of adoration,
knowing that sharing your treasure does not diminish your treasure
but enriches it."

- Onni 1:33