Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman

Default Gas central heater wiring

On Wed, 17 May 2006 12:41:20 +1000, Mastic not@thisaddress wrote:

Agh, sorry. Many an error between finger and keyboard and that should
read 1000 square foot garage.
I cant resist a garage boast, four cars wide, fully lined and
insulated, something over 30 fluro lights and genuine 440V three phase
mains power.

Waitaminit - who at the power utility did you have to threaten with
blackmail pictures of the mistress and motel to get three phase?!

While writing I must say thanks for in input from everyone and I think
I will be able to design a new circuit for it and do away with the
original printed circuits. It was asked what make of heater it is but
it wont help you because I am not American and it's not American made
but they are all similar and as has been noted all use similar
components.

Wait just a.... {Show All Headers} Hmmmm. {tracert 220.239.223.16}

Oh. Optusnet.com.au - An Ozzie, well why didn't you say so? If you
don't say anything to the contrary, we assume way too much here.

(And the accent doesn't come through in typing very well, unless you
let slip with a colour or tyre.)

Okay, modify that - they're all made with pretty much the same
mass-produced control components, but now you have multiple continents
where the appliance parts could have originated from.

Now instead of a short stack of parts catalogs, you need a much
taller one.

Sure I could replace it but I get a buzz out of reparing things.

Though you still have to identify the point at which you're spending
$1000 worth of materials and effort to fix something old that broke,
where $100 buys you a brand new one.

You save that level of effort for when you can't go get a new one.

-- Bruce --

Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545