Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth

Default Solar water heating and combi boilers

On Wed, 17 May 2006 08:04:16 +0100, Guy King wrote:

The message
from Steve Firth contains these words:

FWIW, prices have been dropping fast recently. I've picked up a 300 litre
20 vacuum tube unit for the tractor shed/store at the farm. We're
installing a bathroom/office at the back of the store and the only source
of hot water will be solar. The total cost of the unit + installation is
£700, cheaper than an LPG system.

Cor - got any more?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUMMER-TX-SOLA...cm dZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SOLAR-HEATER-1... cmdZViewItem

Although I've now found a place that will supply me factory direct and I'm
thinking of importing them myself. There are several different models
available either with a 300 litre storage tank, or with a 300 litre thermal
store. The thermal store seems like the better option to me, since the unit
is sealed, doesn't use a pump and is simpler to install.