Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles

Default Solar water heating and combi boilers

On Wed, 17 May 2006 02:57:56 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

John Stumbles wrote:

I'd have thought a (much cheaper) phosphor-dosing scale inhibitor would
serve this purpose, as it does for other water-heating appliances such as
combi boilers. Do you have some evidence to show that this is not the
case?

I was wondering this as well, since the install manual made no reference
to combimate type devices. (although to give them credit they also
neglected dribble style pet elctro/magnetic rocks as well).

I see David Hansen has quoted solartwin's recommendation of
phosphor-dosing for all but the hardest water.