Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

Default FYI: FREECYCLE

wrote in message
oups.com...
mike wrote:
I appear to have a local group, but following your link it seems I have
join Yahoo.

I don't want to do this - is freecycle a fully owned subsidiary of Yahoo,
and only accessible through their portals?

mike

FreeCycle has no connection with Yahoo, other than they choose to use
it as a convenient place to host the groups. Personally I think they
would be much better off with PhpBB. So yes, you will have to join
yahoo if you want to use freecycle.

Regarding inappropriate wanteds/grab everythings/sell it on ebay - many
groups do have this problem. If you suspect abuse, then email a
moderator.

That's what I did and it's why I was banned, I wasn't allowed a right to
reply.

It's freecycle's loss, we gave away far more than we received, it's the
Community Shop's (a charity) gain.

Mary