Posted to alt.home.repair
Ether Jones

Default The theory behind the riding mower

a jungle or a hayfield

Just let it grow for 5 years. Then rent a self-propelled walk-behind
high-powered brush mower (at least 30" cut with 17HP or better motor)
and clear out all the weeds and bramble and smaller trees. Make a few
wide paths that can be maintained with a riding mower.

I did this on 5 acres of my property and it looks great. Some of the
trees are 18' tall after only 5 years. What a view from the bay
window. In the middle I made a small clearing for a secluded picnic
area surrounded by Honeysuckle and Serviceberry and Russian Olive.