Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,misc.consumers.house,alt.home.cleaning
The Natural Philosopher

Default HELP & ADVICE: new home

wrote:
I just moved into a new flat and the shower unit was really manky
(dirty)
between the sliding doors. I managed to figure how to take the doors
off
but managed to bend one of the little slider hooks at the top. It's not
100% broken yet, but I imagine it will be after frequent opening &
closing
the sliding shower door.

1. Can someone recommend me on how to fix this, taking into account
that
the broken thing is exposed to frequent water.

Not without a picture, no.

2. Also anyone recommend on cleaning the black moss-like substance that
lies
at the bottom & underneath the sliding doors?

Bleach and a nailbrush.

3. Both my sink water taps are loose and thus are rotating when we turn
the taps on & off. How can we fix this? (without going to a plumber).

Bloody heck. I wonder if they are on flexibles..you need to get a tap
spanner up from underneath and tighten them up.

If you want a bodge that will keep you sane while you save for a new
kitchen, dry em out and wedge some silicone underneath.