Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m

Default FYI: FREECYCLE

On 16 May 2006 20:24:46 GMT, "Bob Eager" wrote:

On Tue, 16 May 2006 19:56:27 UTC, "." wrote:

if you haven't heard of freecycle, do a google. in the last few
days I've offloaded a heapload of bricks, blocks, lintols, tiles
slates and slabs which are left over from this job I'm doing.

it's cheaper than a skip, easier than the tip, the stuff literally gets
carried off your premises to be used by someone else.

yes, you do give it away free, but you can also _get_ stuff for free.
have a google and join your local group, you have nothing to lose
but your old unwanted tat ! LOL

Yes, it works OK. But in my local group (Canterbury) you have to wade
through the ridiculous wants (e.g. "I would like a new model Apple
MAC")...

Some folk fiter the Offer, Taken, Wanted's into different sub folders
of that particular FC group (I don't).

Many think the 'wanted's' are good because they sometimes make you
think of getting rid of something that you hadn't though would be
recyclable .. so they can be ok in that sense?

And if you don't ask you don't get? (I havent asked yet) ;-)

Wanted: New pair of knees for my wife so she can carry bricks up the
ladder quicker?

All the best ..

T i m