rob w

Default Angle Grinder Advice

Jim Hatfield wrote in message . ..
On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 21:50:25 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

In new plaster it was like a hot knife through butter.... I think I had
probably cut about 2 meters when I realised I could no longer see my
hands in front of my face! Looked round the room and it was completely
obscured in a cloud of dust. Stepped outside and this drifting storm of
dust was pouring out of the door - it almost looked like the smoke you
would expect to see coming out if the room were on fire!

I was forewarned so I taped up both kitchen doors and climbed out
through the window. I don't think anyone can be told what it's like,
you just have to experience it yourself or you won't believe it. Not
being able to see your hand a few inches in front of your face in a
lit room is a strange feeling.

I did this and thought i would only have the one room to clean , but
after cleaning up and then removing the tape it was all over the
house , it took ages to clean . definatly would have been quicker to
do it with a bolster and a mash hammer!!!
Ive just bought a few months ago the 9" grinder from Makro cant
remember the name but a cheapo yellow one and with a diamond sisc from
Ebay ive cut hundreds of cuts in paving slabs seems to be standing up
well.

Rob