Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default OT - How to Scare Off Coyotes?

On Tue, 16 May 2006 18:59:17 GMT, "Laurie Forbes"
wrote:

"Tangent" wrote in message
roups.com...

Use coyote urine. Available at feed stores and some hunting supply
stores. Spray the area like a coyote would and mark your territory. If
wolf urine is available use that instead.

OK. I'll assume for the moment the above is serious (I expect it would work
alright but can I actually call a feed or hunting supply store and order
coyote (or wolf) urine w/o being laughed at??). One question that comes to
mind is where and how the heck do they collect it (or is it some form of
artificial product)? If such stuff is available, I will try it and, thanks
for the suggestion.

BTW Hawke, thanks for restoring my faith in humanity a little - I was
beginning to think I was the only one who objected to the outrageous crap
that floated to the surface of this thread.

Laurie Forbes

Wolf urine Id use..but coyote..no. It would tend to attract more
coyotes as they come in to see who has been hanging around the
neighborhood unannanounced. And they would **** on everything in
sight to get their scent dominant over the interlopers.

And yes.you can get urine in most well stocked hunting goods stores.
Bobcat, deer (doe in estrus) and so forth.

There are farms that raises these critters for various reasons and
they collect the urine at times. Its quite an art following a
timberwolf around with those little little urine bottles like the
doctor gives you for **** testing....

Gunner

"If thy pride is sorely vexed when others disparage your offering, be
as lamb's wool is to cold rain and the Gore-tex of Odin's raiment
is to gull**** in the gale, for thy angst shall vex them not at
all. Yea, they shall scorn thee all the more. Rejoice in
sharing what you have to share without expectation of adoration,
knowing that sharing your treasure does not diminish your treasure
but enriches it."

- Onni 1:33