Roger Shoaf

Default Can I convert 115V to 220?

"Phil Barone" wrote in message
om...
I'm buying a skin packaging machine and have never needed 220 before.
I'll probably be moving to a bigger space so it doesn't pay for me to
have it installed and all. Does anyone know if there's a transformer
that will accomplish this? I found one but it will only maintain 20
amps and I need something like 30. Any help will be greatly
appreciated. Phil

Sure you can step up the voltage to anything you want but it is going to
cost plenty. First off you are going to have to buy a transformer, and then
since you are asking this question, you will probably need an electrician to
hook it up. Next you are going to have an efficiency loss so you will pay
for extra power every time you run your machine. Notwithstanding the power
loss in converting 110 to 220 you have to have 60 amps at 110 to give you 30
amps at 220. This will require bigger wires and you are back to calling the
electrician.

I would just call the electrician now and get a safe and professional
installation. It won't cost all that much anyway.

--
Roger Shoaf