Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Default Cutting an old fridge in half

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
On Tue, 16 May 2006 18:39:30 GMT, Ignoramus19822
wrote:
My good neighbors asked for my help. They have an old refrigerator (an
ugly beast), lying on the floor of their basement. It needs to be
taken out. It is too heavy and big to be taken out by two guys. So
they asked me to cut it in half, and I agreed. (I will also remove the
motor)

My question here is what is the best way to do it given what I have.

I'd use a sawzall rather than any kind of grinder.

Yeah... or go back and review your fears about the circular saw. A cheap
'nail cutter' carbide blade and decent face/eye/arm protection, and you
could have (halve) that thing in a few minutes.

LLoyd