Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus19822

Default Cutting an old fridge in half

On 16 May 2006 18:43:41 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:
On Tue, 16 May 2006 18:39:30 GMT, Ignoramus19822 wrote:
My good neighbors asked for my help. They have an old refrigerator (an
ugly beast), lying on the floor of their basement. It needs to be
taken out. It is too heavy and big to be taken out by two guys. So
they asked me to cut it in half, and I agreed. (I will also remove the
motor)

My question here is what is the best way to do it given what I have.

I'd use a sawzall rather than any kind of grinder.

I have a compressed air powered sawzall. I have a total of 200 ft air
hose, and I think that it is not enough to get to their basement.

No O/A, plasma cutting tools, directed energy space weapons are available.

Photon torpedos maybe?

But seriously, for sheet metal work, the sawzall is a better tool for
the job than a grinder. Much less messy, not as noisy, more
controllable...

If you don't have one, another 10 ounce silver bar would do it for ya -
got any more of that size by the way? The one I bought from you is
lonely.

I actually found another 10 oz bar. I know that I sound quite stupid not
knowing exactly how many little bars I have, but in reality I feel no
need to remember it too well.

Anyway... Given that I do not have an electric sawzall, would a
grinder work at all?