Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

Default shop layout "planning" software, freeware?

On Tue, 16 May 2006 17:05:47 GMT, Gunner wrote:
On 16 May 2006 14:41:14 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

Hm. I don't think I'm ther yet, but as of last week, I think I can
reload for all the calibers I own guns for, which have reloadable
cartridges.

Need a specific die..let me know. I do have some extras, bits and
pieces. And neck sizing dies are easy as hell to make.

Well, I just "made" a .44 S&W Russian out of a .44 Special die. Nothing
exotic but got to use the grinder for something and get some real-world
use out of it. Looks nice.

All cartridges are reloadable. Some are just easier than others to do

Yeah, well, .22LR just isn't gonna happen in my house. Not when they're
cheap.

Got a copy of Cartridge Conversions?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/088...lance&n=283155

I will now. Man, that one-click ordering makes it easy to spend money.

This is an "also ran"
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/088...lance&n=283155

Haven't seen that one, maybe for my birthday.

This is a Must Have
http://www.booktrail.com/Guns_Reload...TheWorld10.asp

Got a couple of those.

One should also note..that converting a rimfire to a center fire is
quite doable, without ruining the value of the firearm. You simply
make up a set of centerfire parts, bolt etc and make cartridges to
fit. You ARE a machinest aferall ....G

Still not sure about that. I'm still sticking with "I'm a guy with a
lot of nice machine tools". Not sure when I can call myself a machinist
but I think at this point it'd be ... what's the word here? Arrogant?
I mean, I really, really don't know what I'm doing to the point where
any of it comes naturally. I discover things that then are obvious but
until I've got more experience I don't think I'm entitled to call myself
a machinist yet.

That said, I haven't made scrap in about 3 projects.

Gunner who regrets passing on the Stevens #44 Ideal in 32 rimfire some
years ago for $100

My mom is working on our genealogy and finds that we're related to a
Savage family that goes way back (17th century, Plymouth and all that).
I'm looking forward to seeing if it's _that_ Savage.