Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default Automatic screw driving

On Tue, 16 May 2006 17:09:30 GMT, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

I think Leigh at MarMachine has a screw driving setup for sale. One
of those parallelagram arraingments with a geared air powered
screwdriver fixed on the end so it always remains exactly vertical.
Operator sticks screw in hole, brings driver down, pushes button.
Repeats

I just called him. Its a tapper. Should work..but has no torque
clutch. Might rip off screw heads if you dont have controlled air
supply.

Then there is this....

http://www.deprag.com/english/index.htm (I think this may fit your
needs, particularly if you make a jig. Jigs make hiring winos off the
street a more viable option G

And of course...

http://www.northwestpowertools.com/screwguns/674220.htm

Now if you want fancy.....

http://www.deprag.com/english/index.htm

http://www.pemnet.com/fastening_prod...kscrew_system/

http://www.dgindustries.com/screwfeed.html

I know of the available guns, I need to automate to the point of the
opperator dropping a handle into the jig, then a brush, then push a button
to have two screws fed and driven then the opperator puts it in a box. No
handeling of screws or handling a driver, just dumop a box of screws into a
feeder once in a while. I hate it when I'm told to drop what I'm doing and
do something hotter.

Then call Deprag and tell em your needs. Just be sitting down on
something with a back when you read the quote.

Gunner

"If thy pride is sorely vexed when others disparage your offering, be
as lamb's wool is to cold rain and the Gore-tex of Odin's raiment
is to gull**** in the gale, for thy angst shall vex them not at
all. Yea, they shall scorn thee all the more. Rejoice in
sharing what you have to share without expectation of adoration,
knowing that sharing your treasure does not diminish your treasure
but enriches it."

- Onni 1:33