Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default shop layout "planning" software, freeware?

On 16 May 2006 14:41:14 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

On Tue, 16 May 2006 04:46:25 GMT, Gunner wrote:
On Tue, 16 May 2006 04:12:37 +0100, Peter Wiley
wrote:

Me too. Only regret I have is that I didn't grab more of them back when
we were tossing them, but I took all I could ude at the time. Got one
set of drawers full of brass, one cartridge case size per.

Gack!! Another use Id not considered. Holding loaded ammo. Currently
I use those big steel shop cabinets, but they are not really suited
for keeping ammo seperated. I think Ive got several hundred CaseGard
boxes stored.

That's strange. I use these things called "ammo cans" for that.
Standard sizes, self-supporting, and stack nicely. Of course, the one
I want is always on the bottom - how do they _do_ that?

When one loads fifty or a hundred rounds of 6.5 vom Hoff, or 9.5
Mauser..it hardly fills an ammo can..and if I put em in a "Metric"
ammo can, not only will it be on the bottom...but Id have to dig
through the can itself for the proper CaseGard.

I load for 53 different cartridges. Or can.

Hm. I don't think I'm ther yet, but as of last week, I think I can
reload for all the calibers I own guns for, which have reloadable
cartridges.

Need a specific die..let me know. I do have some extras, bits and
pieces. And neck sizing dies are easy as hell to make.

All cartridges are reloadable. Some are just easier than others to do

Got a copy of Cartridge Conversions?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/088...lance&n=283155

This is an "also ran"
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/088...lance&n=283155

This is a Must Have

http://www.booktrail.com/Guns_Reload...TheWorld10.asp

One should also note..that converting a rimfire to a center fire is
quite doable, without ruining the value of the firearm. You simply
make up a set of centerfire parts, bolt etc and make cartridges to
fit. You ARE a machinest aferall ....G

Gunner who regrets passing on the Stevens #44 Ideal in 32 rimfire some
years ago for $100

"If thy pride is sorely vexed when others disparage your offering, be
as lamb's wool is to cold rain and the Gore-tex of Odin's raiment
is to gull**** in the gale, for thy angst shall vex them not at
all. Yea, they shall scorn thee all the more. Rejoice in
sharing what you have to share without expectation of adoration,
knowing that sharing your treasure does not diminish your treasure
but enriches it."

- Onni 1:33