Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster

Default Wall Tie Worries

Grunff wrote:
Andy wrote:

I am building a block boundary wall, and need to tie into brick pillars.
For the preexisting brick pillars I bought a galvanised wall tie
system from screwfix

The website says internal/external use. The piece of paper in the
placcy bag it came in says 'internal use'. Any ideas on which is right
and why?

Although it's galvanised, it will eventually start rusting if used in an
outdoor wall. This will cause rust stains on the wall.

Ideally, you should use a stainless one,

The Screwfix website is pretty notorious for errors and inconsistencies
in its listings so I'd always certainly trust the packaging over what
the website says.

Their returns policy is very good and I'm sure they'll swap them without
charging P&P if you explain the situation.

David