Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grunff

Default Wall Tie Worries

Andy wrote:

I am building a block boundary wall, and need to tie into brick pillars.
For the preexisting brick pillars I bought a galvanised wall tie system from
screwfix

The website says internal/external use. The piece of paper in the placcy bag
it came in says 'internal use'. Any ideas on which is right and why?

Although it's galvanised, it will eventually start rusting if used in an
outdoor wall. This will cause rust stains on the wall.

Ideally, you should use a stainless one,

Also, for those brick pillars I am building I bought some Wickes SS
butterfly
wall ties, usually associated with cavity walls: are these OK for tying
blockwork to brickwork in the case of a wall to a pillar?

Yes, they're fine.

--
Grunff