Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

Default Solar water heating and combi boilers

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:

What did your system cost to have installed? And what does it consist of?

Why do you want to know?

Because I am curious obviously!

Solar systems seem to vary from those essentially assembled from scrap
(old radiators and yards of black MDPE pipe etc), to very high tech vacuum
tube based collector systems run by sophisticated digital controllers. You
have posted in the past about how your system performs, but that only
gives us half the story without us also knowing what components it is made
from, or what its capital cost was.

I have also given the url.

Far be it from me to be accused of advertising so I shan't do it again.

Most people seem to think that the payback time is the most important aspect
of such installations. We don't (we don't consider the payback time on
anything else we buy either) but for those people we've worked out that on
present gas prices we'll recover the cost in ten years (if we live that
long). I doubt that present gas prices won't stay what they are so nobody
can determine what the payback time will be.

Nobody.

That includes you and Parry and all the other sceptics.

Mary