Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

Default FYI: FREECYCLE

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Tue, 16 May 2006 19:56:27 UTC, "." wrote:

if you haven't heard of freecycle, do a google. in the last few
days I've offloaded a heapload of bricks, blocks, lintols, tiles
slates and slabs which are left over from this job I'm doing.

it's cheaper than a skip, easier than the tip, the stuff literally gets
carried off your premises to be used by someone else.

yes, you do give it away free, but you can also _get_ stuff for free.
have a google and join your local group, you have nothing to lose
but your old unwanted tat ! LOL

Yes, it works OK. But in my local group (Canterbury) you have to wade
through the ridiculous wants (e.g. "I would like a new model Apple
MAC")...

And if you complain about such abuse you can be banned!

The organiser is God. Or some think they are.

So the community shop benefits.

Mary