deanow27 deanow27 is offline
Junior Member

Location: London
Question fixing hole in ceiling around light fitting

Hi hope you can help.

Whilst crawling around in the loft space today, I knocked the top of light fitting. Flush with the ceiling the light fitting measures approxmately 13cm across.This fell through the ceiling along with half the plaster surrounding around the light fitting. Caused a hell of mess right above the cooker.

Half the plaster around the light fitting remains in place. I now have a hole approximately oblong (or more accurately rather like an overlapping venn diagram) approximately 20cm across. The light fitting is hanging down precariously although is held in place with two flimsy aluminium struts.

I don't know how to refit the light fitting flush with the ceiling. Is this a job for a plasterer or more simple than that. Do you have to build up support from the loft space? any tips gratefully received
Many thanks

Dean