Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Big Box Stores vs Professional Electrical Suppliers

Robert Allison wrote:

wrote:

Naturally I checked the most competent suppliers (Lowes and HD) first.

After the above statement, I cannot take anything else you say
seriously. This has to be a joke.

I gave up and installed the ivory receptacle from Lowes.

So you ultimately had the same luck with all the stores, but
you blame the real electrical suppliers for being inept.
Interesting.

Ah no! Lowes and HD both had the receptacles but not in the desired
color. The real electrical suppliers didn't have the receptacles in
any color. Moreover, I don't expect the big box stores to have slow
moving items any more than I expect the A&P to have boutique cheese.
However I'm told repeatedly (in this NG and I agree that there's some
logic to it) how much better stocked the "real" electrical suppliers
are. They weren't. Plus they gave erroneous and dangerous advice. I
don't expect nor do I ask for any advice from the big box stores.