Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

Default Electric Oven Wire keeps burning out!

cfidad wrote:

The yellow wire to the bottom heating element of my Maytag PER4310BAQ
keeps burning out. The oven stops heating up and I find the last
inch of wire charred black where it connects to the heating element.
I have replaced the heating element once with a factory replacement,
but the problem continues. I am concerned that just cutting the wire
and crimping it once again to the heating element connector will
eventually cause an unsafe condition with the exposed wire touching
other parts. My intention is to find the cause for the repeated
burning out of the same wire. Does anyone out there have the
expertise to tell me what to fix to prevent this problem from
continuing?

Thank you in advance for your input.

Hmmm,
Poor connection resulting in excess heat is the reason.