Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,misc.consumers.house,alt.home.cleaning

Default HELP & ADVICE: new home

I just moved into a new flat and the shower unit was really manky
(dirty)
between the sliding doors. I managed to figure how to take the doors
off
but managed to bend one of the little slider hooks at the top. It's not
100% broken yet, but I imagine it will be after frequent opening &
closing
the sliding shower door.

1. Can someone recommend me on how to fix this, taking into account
that
the broken thing is exposed to frequent water.

2. Also anyone recommend on cleaning the black moss-like substance that
lies
at the bottom & underneath the sliding doors?

3. Both my sink water taps are loose and thus are rotating when we turn
the taps on & off. How can we fix this? (without going to a plumber).