Marc Godbout

Default 4 or 4 1/2 in. angle grinder from Harbor Freight

I had a couple with broken switches, too. On one, it was just the plastic
rod connecting the thumb-slide to the actual switch was missing a screw on
the guide. The other wouldn't turn on reliably. That one was a felt cover
on the switch was hitting the housing. Real easy fixes.

-Marc

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 17:29:57 +0000, JohnF wrote:

My son and I have been using them (the 15.00-20.00 ones)for 5+ years
and the only thing we've broken is the thumb switch on one of them.
The locking switch is kinda, sorts, semi dangerous though. I nearly
got snagged over the weekend but I was doing something stupid anyway.
The wheels go on sale on a different weekend or month at about 5 bucks
for 10 wheels. They work just fine too.

JohnF

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 23:58:45 GMT, jim wrote:

harbor freight has some cheap angle grinder, one on sale for $9.99 and i
guess you have to buy the grindig wheels for it??? seems that it retails
for $19.99 and its on sale with some other junk for one day in the
store. they have another one for about $15.00 that pops up all the
time. anyone ever bought one of these and was it worth it.. i dont
expect to get a $300 unit quality, but for limited use is it worth it
and what can you do with it???? thanks for a reply......