Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,misc.consumers.house,alt.home.cleaning
Banty

Default HELP & ADVICE: new home

In article .com,
says...

I just moved into a new flat and the shower unit was really manky
(dirty)
between the sliding doors. I managed to figure how to take the doors
off
but managed to bend one of the little slider hooks at the top. It's not
100% broken yet, but I imagine it will be after frequent opening &
closing
the sliding shower door.

1. Can someone recommend me on how to fix this, taking into account
that
the broken thing is exposed to frequent water.

I'd remove it and use a shower curtain, but then, I hate sliding shower doors.

2. Also anyone recommend on cleaning the black moss-like substance that
lies
at the bottom & underneath the sliding doors?

One reason to hate sliding shower doors - can't keep them clean of mildew very
easily. And, you can't just open up the shower area between showers to let it
air out and dry out as much.

A bleach solution will take care of that. Be diligent about using any fans or
opening doors and windows after your showers to keep your bathroom dry as
pracicable. Give your bathroom twice-yearly deep cleanups where all surfaces
get de-mildewed, all bathmats and shower curtains and similar are bleach-cleaned
or replaced, all at once. Those measures keep the mildew down.

Banty